1 Year Old Chokes on Grape Found in Cardiac Arrest - Saved by Coral Springs Paramedics

Paramedics attribute save to high quality training and the newly adopted Handtevy™ Pediatric Resuscitation System. When seconds matter, Coral Springs paramedics stay on scene to revive pediatric patients in cardiac arrest.
It’s every parents worst nightmare; the thought of their child choking on a piece of food that lodges in the upper airway. The sudden inability to breathe followed by cyanosis (bluish discoloration) is enough stress to freeze any parent in their tracks. That’s exactly what happened to 1-year-old Arianna of Coral Springs (FL) shortly after 1 pm in the quiet suburbs of Broward County.

More

Timely Treatment

We hear about it too often in South Florida. A young child is found floating in a backyard pool. Now fire rescue crews have something new to save lives. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue implemented the Handtevy Pediatric Box early in 2014. Just a few weeks after implementation R38 responded to a call of a 2 year old drowning. Using the Handtevy, the crew was able to regain a pulse prior to arrival at Jackson Memorial Hospital..

More